The Love Oundle Fund
The Love Oundle Fund (LOF) has been created under the auspices of Oundle Business Association (OBA) who co-ordinate Oundle Vintage Festival (OVF). The fund is administered through the OVF Committee where applications are received and considered. Applications for small grants may be submitted in writing at any time. The funds within the LOF are held by OBA and ringfenced in the main OBA bank account where successful grants are paid from.
The purpose of LOF is to distribute funds raised through profits, donations and fundraising from the vintage festival, and to appropriate grants that OBA may obtain that are relevant to improvement projects for the benefit of the town and townsfolk.
The aim of the LOF is to improve the fabric of the town of Oundle for the benefit of residents and visitors. We believe that keeping the town well-presented and vibrant is important to those that live in Oundle and also key to the long-term prosperity of the town. In appropriating locally raised funds to deserving projects, our aim is to encourage local groups and organisations to continually invest in the town and its assets.
LOF applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Projects should be accessible to all, normally located in unrestricted public areas
- Benefits must be readily available and visible to all in the community, not just those in the group applying
- Preference will be shown to projects that will have a sustainable impact on the presentation of the town and/or its economic wellbeing
- The fund will favour schemes that enable local people to become more involved in community life and take pride in the town
- Projects that bring improved links between community and local business will be encouraged
- Individuals, groups, clubs, organisations or businesses that apply must be able to demonstrate the wider benefit
The types of projects that the fund might support include:
- renovation or improvement of green spaces or neglected areas of the town
- new / improved street furniture and street appearance enhancements
- repair or maintenance of town assets or items significant to Oundle
- signage to enhance way finding and the appearance of the town
- supply of equipment to enable community maintenance / management
Individuals, Groups, Clubs, Organisations and Business are invited to apply in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must clearly state: Contact Name, Organisation Name, Contact Phone Number, Email Address, Project Title, Description of Project, Benefits to the Town & Residents, Amount requested. All applications will be acknowledged when received and then considered by the OVF Committee in due course.